Professor Shelupanov graduated from Tomsk State University in 1976 with two majors: Applied Mathematics and Mechanical Engineering. He started his career in the Research Institute of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics as an Engineer, later taking the position of a Research Officer. In 1988, he became Head of Sector, Head of Division, and Deputy Director for Research.
In 1993, Professor Shelupanov joined the team of Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics, in 1999 becoming Head of the Department of Complex Information Security of Computer Systems. In 2008, he created and became Director of the Institute of System Integration and Security at TUSUR University.
From 2010 till 2014 he was Vice-Rector for Research, and from 2014 till 2019 he held the position of Rector of TUSUR Univeristy. In 2019, Professor Shelupanov was elected University President.
Honorary titles and awards
- Merited Figure of Russian Higher Education (2018)
- Recipient of the Russian Government Award for Achievements in Education (2009)
- Recipient of the Russian Government Award for Achievements in Science and Enginerring (2013, 2018)
- Merited Figure of Russian Science and Engineering (2017)
- Merited Figure of Russian Higher Professional Education (2005)
- Yuri Gagarin Award from the Russian Cosmonautics Federation for achievements in delivery of space programs (2017)
- Tomskaya Slava Order from the Governor of Tomsk region (2019)
- Medal for Excellence from the Mayor of Tomsk (2019)
- Commemorative gold lapel pin from the Legislative Duma of Tomsk region (2019)
- Order of Merit for Tomsk Region (2017), for Outstanding Contribution to Development of Tomsk (2017)
- Medal of Merit from the Governor of Tomsk region (2014)
- Tomsk Region 70th Anniversary Medal (2014)
- Engineering Merit lapel pin from the Russian Engineering Academy (2019)
- Recipient of the Tomsk Region Award for Achievements in Education, Science, Healthcare and Culture (2004, 2007, 2014)
- Person of the Year from the Tomsk City Administration (2008 Scientist of the Year, 2010 Breakthrough of the Year)
- Pilyugin Award, Gagarin Award, Korolyov Award, Reshetnev Award, Tsiolkovsky Award from the Russian Cosmonautics Federation (1991, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2007)
- Honorary Award from the Security Council of the Russian Federation for achievements and contribution to training of information security professionals (2014)
- Sernebryanny Kinzhal Award for professional achievements in information security (2014)
- FSTEC Awards (2007, 2008, 2012)
- Commemorative Medal of the FSB Academy (2007)
Professor Shelupanov initiated and is currently leading fundamental and applied research in design and engineering of complex information security systems at TUSUR University.
His research and teaching expertise is reflected in more than 500 publications, including 13 monographs, 48 study guides and textbooks, 25 patents and certificates of software registration. Professor Shelupanov has provided research guidance to 30 Doctors and Candidates of Science.
Professor Shelupanov is the Chairman of Dissertation Committee D 212.268.03, Deputy Chairman of Dissertation Committee 24.2.415.02, Member of Dissertation Committee D 212.268.05.
He is Deputy Editor in Chief of Proceedings of TUSUR University, Member of Editorial Boards of Symmetry, Informatsionno-Upravlyayuschiye Sistemy, Informatika i Sistemy Upravleniya.
Teaching and guidance
Professor Shelupanov is a Federal Expert of the National Eccreditation Agency and a Research and Engineering Expert of the Federal Research Center for Project Evaluation and Consulting Services.
In 2000, Professor Shelupanov initiated the creation and is currently the head of the Siberian Regional Branch of Information Security Education Union of Russian Universities. The Union coordinates the academic activities of 25 universities of Siberia and the Russian Far East that offer degree programs in information security and data protection.
- Chairman of the Board of the Tomsk Professor Assembly.
- Chairman of the Science and Technology Council of Tomsk.
- Member of the Expert Council of the Deputy Governor of Tomsk region for the research and education sector and innovation policy.
- Member of the Tomsk Regional Community Council of the Federal State Statistics Service.
- President of the Siberian Academy of Sciences in Higher Education.
- Coordinator of 10 state projects under Decrees 2018 and 219 of the Government of the Russian Federation.
- Member of the Program Committee of the European Forum On Electronic Signature (EFPI)
- From 2000 to date, Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Sibinfo National Competition for Undergraduate and Graduate Students, Scientific Session of TUSUR, and others.
- Research Supervisor of the Tomsk IEEE Chapter.